How nice! The author of Throbbings of Noontide nominated me for The Versatile Blogger award! Wow, she has great taste 😉 and some amazing photography (and interesting topics) on her site. Seriously, thank you … I’m quite honored and also excited to pass along this very cool award.
As a side note, I was notified of this nomination when I was visiting my parents over Christmas. My mom saw me grinning at my iPad and asked what was so amusing. I said I’d tell her as soon as my dad came back in the room (he was probably lotioning Scouts paws and reading him a crime novel where the police chief’s dog is the hero).
Once he reappeared, I explained how the award worked and then read them what ToNT wrote on her blog:
“Life is Funny. This woman can truly write and is genuinely amusing. I also enjoy her dad’s comments.”
I looked up at my beaming dad, “Well, well, well—looks like we have a real celebrity on our hands.” It was awesome.
Ok, the Rules for the Award:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the Award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate other Bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know that you nominated them.
Seven Random Facts About Me:
1. This site makes me laugh until I’m weak.
2. Sometimes my car drives me to McDonald’s without my permission like a
brat punk pusher faithful servant.
3. I sometimes practice memorizing license plate numbers in preparation for the day I have only a split second to commit one to memory … constant vigilance, People!
4. If my loved ones can’t bring themselves to cremate me upon my death, I hope they bury me in one-piece footed pajamas. Preferably fleece and a color that really brings out my eyes.
5. I wish my left hand was more useful. It plays the “least favorite” card too often. “Maybe I’d be more helpful if you loved me the way you love Right. Maybe I’d brush your teeth if given half a chance. Maybe I’d feed you if you didn’t always expect the worst of me.” Sheesh, get some therapy.
6. It horrifies me to think how rarely I washed my sheets in college.
7. I love nothing more than happening upon a one-liner that’s part of a bigger conversation but stands alone so hilariously well:
“You don’t have baby teeth!”
“Tortillas are not a toy!”
“Don’t chew on that—it’s a gift.”
“Oh, she goes WHEELS OFF over a june bug.”
Here are some great blogs (in no particular order) that range from funny to clever to amazingly moving:
Ann Voskamp http://www.aholyexperience.com/
Kitkat and Stormy http://easiersaidblog.com/
This post makes me laugh! http://whatpplsay.wordpress.com/2013/01/11/funny-answers/